Click to download warranty and warranty request form
IMPORTANT: BY USING ANY SAFER PLANET PRODUCT YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THE SAFER PLANET LIMITED WARRANTY (“WARRANTY”) AS PROVIDED BELOW.
HOW CONSUMER LAW RELATES TO THIS WARRANTY
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ALSO MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR STATE, PROVINCE OR COUNTRY,
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS SUBJECT TO CONSUMER LAW
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SAFER PLANET DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, SAFER PLANET LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT SAFER PLANET'S SOLE OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED BELOW. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
Safer Planet Inc., 423 Broadway, Suite 525, Millbrae, CA 94030 USA, warrants the Safer Planet-branded hardware product and any Safer Planet-branded accessories contained in the original packaging (“Safer Planet Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Safer Planet's published guidelines for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of original retail purchase by the original purchaser or end user (“Warranty Period”). Safer Planet’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and information posted on Safer Planet’s website www.saferplanet.tech.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This Warranty does not apply to non-Safer Planet branded hardware products or software (if any), even if packaged or sold with Safer Planet hardware. Manufacturers or suppliers of non-Safer Planet branded products or software may provide their own warranties to you – please contact them for further information. Software distributed by Safer Planet (if any) is not covered by this Warranty. Please refer to the licensing agreement accompanying any software for details of your rights with respect to its use. Safer Planet does not warrant that the operation of the Safer Planet Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Safer Planet is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Safer Planet Product’s use. This Warranty will automatically terminate immediately if the product is sold or otherwise transferred to another party other than the original purchaser or end user.
This Warranty does not apply: (a) to consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (b) to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (c) to damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the Safer Planet Product’s specifications (Safer Planet Product specifications are available at www.saferplanet.tech under the technical specifications for each product); (d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, heat, electric discharge, earthquake or other external cause; (e) to damage caused by operating the Safer Planet Product outside Safer Planet’s published guidelines; (f) to damage caused by service (including upgrades) performed by anyone other than Safer Planet; (g) to any Safer Planet Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Safer Planet; (h) to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Safer Planet Product; (i) if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Safer Planet Product; (j) if Safer Planet receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen or if you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (e.g., by presenting proof of purchase); or (k) if you change your mind or later decide that you no longer want the Product.
GEOGRAPHICAL RESTRICTION TO WARRANTY SERVICE
Safer Planet may restrict warranty service to the country where the Safer Planet Product was originally sold.
Before receiving warranty service, Safer Planet may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow Safer Planet's procedures for obtaining warranty service.
Important: Do not open or attempt to open the Safer Planet Product. Opening the Safer Planet Product may cause damage and will void this Warranty.
WHAT WILL SAFER PLANET DO IN THE EVENT OF A WARRANTY CLAIM
If during the Warranty Period you submit a claim to Safer Planet in accordance with this warranty, Safer Planet will, at its option:
- replace the Safer Planet Product with the same model or a product having the same or substantially similar functionality formed from new and/or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or
- refund your original purchase price.
A replacement Safer Planet Product assumes the remaining term of the Warranty Period. When a Safer Planet Product is replaced or a refund provided, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced or refunded item becomes Safer Planet's property.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Please review the online help resources before seeking warranty service. If the Safer Planet Product still does not function properly after making use of these resources, please download and complete the Safer Planet Warranty Service Request Form from www.saferplanet.tech/warranty. The Safer Planet Product must be returned to Safer Planet in its original packaging or packaging providing equivalent protection. During the Warranty Period, except where prohibited by applicable law, you must pay cost of shipping the product to Safer Planet. The following items must be presented to obtain Warranty Service:
- The defective product,
- The completed Safer Planet Warranty Service Request Form, or if you cannot download the Warranty Service Request Form then please write on a sheet of paper your name, your company name if applicable, your mailing address, your email address and your full telephone number including country and/or area codes if applicable, together with a complete description of the problem, and
- Proof of purchase which clearly indicates the date of purchase, product type and model number. Without proof of purchase, the Warranty Period will commence based on the date that the Safer Planet Product was shipped to you.
WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS
Safer Planet will provide in its sole discretion warranty service through one of the following options:
- Service where Safer Planet replaces the Safer Planet Product. If the product is covered by the Warranty, Safer Planet will provide you with a replacement product and will pay for return shipping to you. If Safer Planet determines that the product is not covered by the Warranty, then Safer Planet will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed either by replacing the product at your cost or by not replacing and abandoning the product. Return shipping will be charged to you for products not covered by the Warranty. Damage occurred during shipment is deemed the responsibility of the carrier, and any claim should be made directly to the carrier.
- Service where Safer Planet refunds the original purchase price. If the product is covered by the Warranty, Safer Planet will refund the full purchase price of the Safer Planet Product. Safer Planet may require your credit card used to purchase the Safer Planet Product in order to process the refund. If Safer Planet is unable to process a credit to your credit card through the original purchasing channel, or if you are unable to provide Safer Planet with your credit card information, then Safer Planet will attempt to offer a mutually agreeable alternative arrangement for refunding the purchase price. If you return a replaced Safer Planet Product or a Product that is ineligible for service, then Safer Planet will advise you that no refund will be processed.
Safer Planet reserves the right to change at any time the method by which Safer Planet may provide warranty service to you, and your Safer Planet Product’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Warranty service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAFER PLANET IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS), LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF REPUTATION, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED BY ANY DEVICE USED IN COMBINATION WITH THE SAFER PLANET PRODUCT.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS, OR ANY STATUTORY LIABILITY FOR INTENTIONAL AND GROSS NEGLIGENT ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Safer Planet reserves the right to make modifications, extension, or deletions to this Warranty at any time. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. This Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the Safer Planet Product purchase took place. Safer Planet or its successor in title is the warrantor under this Warranty.
© 2020 Safer Planet Inc. All rights reserved. Safer Planet and the Safer Planet logo are trademarks of Safer Planet Inc.